- Backstage at Giamba, graphic nails possessed a personalised vibe as different models wore their own combination of patterns. “All you need is a dotting tool,” explained lead manicurist Keri Blair. “Make it even more DIY and use a toothpick or the corner of a piece of cardboard,” she says.
2. The differently coloured accent nail from seasons past was given a new twist at Antonio Marras and Marani, where nail art elevated a single nail with fabrics and 3-D embellishments. Nail artist at Antonio Marras, Antonio Sacripante explains, “Keep everything matte and fresh, and then go wild on one nail only.”
3. Manicures were anything but ordinary at Manish Arora, where each girl sported different nails to suit the eclectic collection, from nail tips designed like tridents to mesmerising gradients of colour. Nail artist Marian Newman from MAC created these psychedelic designs, calling them “Barbie on acid.”
4. Glitter, glitter, and did we mention, glitter? Triple the ammo by matching your nails with glimmering clothes and shimmering make-up. Take inspiration from shows such as as Burberry Porsum and Kenzo to accessorise your talons; maximalism is the only way.
5. No need to colour between the lines at Vivenne Westwood, where manicures extended beyond the nail beds and even reached the knuckles. Mixing metallic shades and experimenting with various levels of how far the colour would spread, these hands are formidable.