- Held at the iconic Longchamp racecourse, quotes by famed dancers Isabela Duncan, Pina Bausch and Martha Graham adorned the exterior of the show’s tent. One, in particular by German dancer Pina Bausch—“I’m not interested in how people move, I’m interested in what makes them move.”
- Fashion meets performance art as dancers flitted in between the likes of Adwoa Aboah and Dior poster-child, Ruth Bell. Choreographed by Tel Aviv-based Sharon Eyal, dancers juxtaposed their sharp arabesques against the fluidity of the collection.
- For the first time, jersey was introduced at the maison, draped to perfection into neo-Grecian dresses evoking the romance of Isabela Duncan’s costumes.
- Sticking to the collection’s spirit of dance, dresses and jackets were crafted sans boning, or underwriting.
- It wouldn’t be a Dior show without its celebrity spottings. On the front row, Hollywood heavyweights like Blake Lively, BAZAAR’s November 2018 cover star Olga Kurylenko, as well as Malaysia’s very own Neelofa, was spotted.
It’s a “Dance Dance Revolution”
by Amy Yasmine