Tips for curating your own wardrobe
- Allowing yourself a new item every now and then still gives you that option to feel like you can indulge.
- If you can’t remember the last time you wore the item, it probably should go.
- Take the edit as a guideline and stick to it – you will save money.
- Don’t buy an item just because it looks great on someone you admire or follow on Instagram. Really think about your shape, size and whether their lifestyle relates to yours.
- The detox process allows you to gain a new approach to shopping. Your head won’t be turned so easily when you have a structure.
- The more sustainable you are with your purchases, the more likely you will heavily invest in an essential staple, allowing you to have the budget for that designer piece, which trust me, you will wear for 10 years.
- Having a style icon/reference point allows you to be more selective when shopping. If you are aiming for a certain aesthetic, when shopping, question whether or not your style hero would wear a certain thing. If not, then move on.